Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

He Makes Me Smile (even in the morning), Darn it!

Ok, so I'm not a morning person. I'm just not. I'm the typical, wait for the very last chance to get out of bed, kind of girl. Then, I spend the rest of the morning normally just wishing I was back in bed and stressing over what I need to do for the day. ha! What an awful way to spend your mornings!

Then, something happened - David got switched to first shift at his work. (Since we have been married, he has worked second shift.) So for the past couple of weeks as he has been working first shift, I have been learning so much about him. Things that I've already known about him, but they have now been officially confirmed a part of just who he is. And I am thankful. So very thankful.

David wouldn't say that he is a morning person. He doesn't enjoy getting up early by any means. But he is a very different morning person than me. Somehow, consistently every morning, no matter how late he gets to bed, he wakes up in a good mood! (What?!) The first couple of days of his first shift, I thought it might just be a fluke. But no, he insists on being happy! For me, stressful morning person me, it was so hard to grasp. And still is. I don't want to hold a conversation in the morning. I don't want to talk. I just want to get ready and get my stuff done so I can stop stressing (lol yeah right, I always stress and worry...what am I talking about?).

But David leaves times for other things. Happiness and well, farting. Yeah, so just a little side note - Besides learning that my husband is a happy freak in the morning, I've learned that it is also when he is at his gassiest. haha! Now for those closest to us, they know that David won't say the word "fart" or "poop" because they disgust him. And it even took him about a year of our marriage to even fart in front of me. But yeah, he did eventually get over that. However, I think that he thinks that in the morning while he is getting ready I won't be able to hear him and he is at his free-est. But lo and behold, I lie awake in bed and let out a little giggle each time I hear him. I know, I'm a child and think farting is funny.

So back to the point, David's cheerfulness in the morning is something I've grown to be so incredibly thankful for. He, knowing that I'm not a morning person at all, will jokingly provide me with words of wisdom such as "Today is a new day!" and "Seize the day!"   .....To which, I roll my eyes to and turn over in bed so I can wait for the last minute to get up.  (I actually love all of his morning words of wisdom) haha!

His little morning parade is growing on me, though. I'll never be as happy and go-lucky as mister David Hopkins in the morning. But he makes me smile every morning, when typically I don't want to. He makes me laugh every morning, when laughing would be the last thing I'd seek out. He makes my day start out brighter and always on a good note every morning, when typically I would stress. And once again I say, I'm so very thankful for him.

So in the spirit of thankfulness for David, I can't help but mention how very proud and excited I am to say that he is graduating from college tomorrow. Since we have been married, he has gone to school and worked, and I am so thankful for all of his hard work to provide for our family. I'm so proud to say that David Hopkins is my husband.

Well, we'll both be getting up early tomorrow to get ready for his graduation (on a Saturday might I add) - so I look forward to my laugh-filled (and fart-filled) morning tomorrow.


"Seize the day!"

1 comments:

NotablyNeurotic said...

This post made me giggle so much! That's too funny about the um, booty trumpet fun that is had in your house every morning. Your relationship is so cute. :)

Post a Comment